In the earlier sessions, we were emphasising on prerequisites, progression and warm ups. Yes, the first yoga of Breath Awareness Yoga (Pranayama) was also as part of the warm up. Makarasana (Dolphin Pose) is the first stretching yoga you should start with.
- Come into a straight-arm plank with wrists under shoulders and legs extended straight back. Keeping your hands in place, shift your hips up and back.
- Point tailbone straight up to the ceiling, relax head and draw shoulders away from the ears. Press chest toward thighs, spread hands wide and begin to engage your core.
- Hold for 10 deep breaths (total of 45 to 90 seconds).
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, and arches
- Strengthens the arms and legs
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when done with head supported
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Improves digestion
- Relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure, asthma, flat feet, sciatica
Image Courtesy: www.allyoga.ca
# DolphinPose # Makarasana # Yoga
Health >> @studioyoga / 2,823 Views / Jan 09, 2016